15 May What is Dynamics NAV?
Dynamics NAV used to be called Navision. NAV is a well integrated mid-range ERP system that has a lot of functionality right out of the box and can also be customized to meet your specific requirements.
Microsoft describes Dynamics NAV as follows:
“Microsoft Dynamics NAV gives small and midsize businesses like yours complete control over your core business processes, the precision to perfect your supply chain, and the insight that employees need to perform at their best.”
• Streamline financial practices. The intuitive RoleTailored interface delivers personalized access to the information and tasks most relevant to your role—including key financial processes. With immediate access to the data you need, you can respond quickly and effectively.
• Get a clear view of your financials. Increase financial transparency with integrated systems, shared data, and drill-down capabilities that give you visibility into your transactions and audit trails.
• Provide self-service reporting tools and real-time business intelligence. Help your people make fast, informed decisions using powerful business intelligence data and significantly reduce ad-hoc requests to the IT department for reports and other information.
• Identify and target your top customers to drive new sales opportunities. Use predictive analysis to identify sales opportunities with your best customers, and focus on your most profitable products by analyzing product information with Treemap analysis.
• Deliver superior customer service with effective service order management. You can quickly create service orders based on customer requests or after-sales issues, and then easily log orders for accurate records and profitability management.
• Build customer loyalty with customer-specific pricing and discounts. Define a variety of sales pricing and discount terms that you can automatically apply to individual order lines, and set up pricing and discounts in local and foreign currencies.
• Conduct business internationally. Use international trade and multicurrency capabilities to maintain your general ledger in different currencies; determine how amounts are rounded and posted for an unlimited number of currencies; and manage customer and vendor accounts in the appropriate currency.
• Connect your remote and roaming employees. Empower your mobile workers with direct access to enterprise resource planning (ERP) data and local resources over the Internet using a rich RoleTailored interface—and get even more from your investment in desktop applications.
• Choose the right solution for you. With flexible deployment options, you can choose the solution that works best for your business—and increase IT flexibility without increasing costs. Microsoft Dynamics NAV supports both on-premises and remote, cloud-based deployments hosted by Microsoft or a Microsoft partner, in addition to hybrid, or partly-hosted, models.
You can get even more information at our Cloud Resource Library. Here you will find case studies, white papers, videos, and ebooks.
And if you want to try it out for yourself, you might want to start a free 30 day trial. You’ll receive your log in information almost instantly: