22 Jan New CIO priorities: All signs point to ERP cloud
Throughout the world of enterprise, cloud-based technology is often discussed in terms of disruptive technology. Whether you think this is a good thing or a bad thing, it generally means the chief information officers are adapting to the change with new priorities, roles and focus. A recent Gartner survey revealed some of these new CIO priorities and many of them point toward hosted ERP and similar solutions.
The survey results include the top business priorities that CIO will focus on and all of the top ten can be achieved with solutions like ERP and CRM. Here are the top five.
- Increasing enterprise growth
- Delivering operational results
- Reducing enterprise costs
- Attracting and retaining new customers
- Improving IT applications and infrastructure
In fact ERP applications were listed as the tenth top technology priority for CIOs. But looking at Gartner’s top five CIO tech priorities, it looks like they all fall under the umbrella of ERP cloud solutions. Here are some new CIO priorities.
- Analytics and business intelligence
- Mobile technologies
- Cloud computing (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS)
- Collaboration technologies (workflow)
- Legacy modernization