05 Oct Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 Release | NAV 2016 New Features
The Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 release announcement was made October 5, making the latest version of NAV generally abailable. In this post we will be taking a look at some of the NAV 2016 new features. Learn about the latest in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2017 »
“Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 offers significant new capabilities in mobility, business insight, and cloud services, as well as deeper interoperability with Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Office 365,” said Microsoft’s Wayne Morris in a blog about Dynamics NAV. “SMBs worldwide are looking to lower costs and compete more effectively with larger organizations, and are turning to technology to help streamlines processes, empower workers with insights anywhere and on any device, and to scale securely through the power of the cloud.”
Microsoft unveiled some details about the Dynamics NAV 2016 release in July and it looks like most of those promises have been kept. NAV 2016 is all about the cloud with many new enhancements for better analytics and data insights.
You may also be interested in info about the upcoming Dynamics GP 2016 Release.
Dynamics NAV 2016 New Features
Since the NAV Roadmap was released November 2014, the Dynamics NAV 2016 release has been highly anticipated. Some of the Dynamics NAV 2016 new features include:
- Pre-built Microsoft Power BI dashboards and data connections for immediate access to KPI’s with an intuitive interface designed for collaboration.
- New native apps for all devices in including phones, tablets, and mouse and keyboard – using Windows, iOS or Android.
- Native integration to Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online.
- Improved scalability, security, and availability via better cloud performance.
- Better document management, workflow, and Optical Character Recognition (OCR) capabilities for process automation and paperless document management.
- Expanded extensibility and connectivity capabilities for tighter integration of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 and the cloud.
- Improved integration to O365
- Enhanced accounting functionality
- Workflow enhancements to improve customized automation around billing, HR and Payroll, financials and other critical functions.
See the Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 new features for yourself…
Want access to a trial for Dynamics NAV 2016?
Curious about other Microsoft Dynamics products in the cloud including AX, GP or CRM? Checkout the Hosted Dynamics ERP Cloud page ».