07 Jun Integrate POS Data to Dynamics GP
You can integrate POS data to Dynamics GP easily with Integration Manager. Depending on how you design the integration, you can have a simple integration that just creates general ledger transactions in GP, or you can use an integration to support purchasing and inventory control.
If you want to create a rich integration to your POS system, these are some of the things you might want to do:
- Create an integration to increase inventory from the POS for items and ingredients purchased.
- Create a sales invoice to show items that have been sold. This will show the sales price and the inventory items sold.
- Create BOM’s in GP to represent recipes and menu items that include multiple items.
- Create payables transactions for checks or cash items recorder in the POS system.
- Use Purchase Orders to control purchases and provide the receipt information for GP Inventory.
- Include cash receipts on sales invoice transactions to break down receipts by tender type and day. This will allow you to use the Bank Reconciliation function within GP.
A typical integration to integrate POS data to GP usually just creates general ledger transactions. And this certainly can enhance financial reporting; especially if you have a lot of stores.
This is a quick video that shows an integration I set up. Take a look at it:
Check out our Cloud Resource Library to get more information about Dynamics and the Retail industry:
Image via: http://possystemgeeks.com/