19 Sep Dynamics NAV Automotive Distributor
Pacific Torque chose Dynamics NAV. An authorized distributor or dealer for the world’s leading diesel engine and transmission manufacturers, Pacific Torque sells, repairs, rebuilds, and services that equipment. After new owners purchased the 23-year-old company in 2007, they sought an integrated solution that would tie together disjointed job-costing, manufacturing, and distribution operations.
After an extensive search, Pacific Torque chose Microsoft Dynamics NAV over Syspro and Epicor because of its flexibility, integration with other Microsoft products, and investment from Microsoft. Since implementation, Pacific Torque has expanded its product line and delivers more accurate quotes faster, helping to win competitive bids.
In addition, the company’s employees have better insight into operations, parts availability, and job status, which helps them make better decisions, specifically during planning and forecasting.
Their story is captured in a Microsoft case study:
- To grow the business, Pacific Torque’s new owners wanted to replace an unreliable and unsupported custom-built job-costing system and Peachtree software with an integrated enterprise resource planning solution.
- The company implemented Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
Results / Benefits
- Expanded service and product offerings
- Improved visibility, leading to saved costs
- Greater employee productivity and effectiveness
The entire case study is available here.
You might want to take a look at our Cloud Resource Library for even more information about Dynamics:
If you want to try out Dynamics for yourself, you can start a free trial here:
These NAV 2013 trials include both the standard client and the new web client.