07 May Dynamics GP Business Portal Requisition Management
Dynamics GP Business Portal Requisition Management is an out-of-the-box solution that allow you to easily setup an electronic requisition system.
It’s licensed as part of Dynamics GP with Business Portal. It requires SharePoint to operate and includes existing integration to Dynamics GP. In Dynamics GP 2013 there is no additional licensing required for users, though you will need SQL Server CAL’s and Windows Server CAL’s.
These are some of the features:
- You can setup multiple approval hierarchies, though only one can be used at a time
- You can setup individuals or groups in the approval hierarchy
- It reads the Dynamics GP vendor master file and inventory master file
- It creates purchase orders in Dynamics GP with “one click”
- You can set up email notification at several different steps in the process
- It’s relatively easy to set up
- Original requisitioners can view current status of requests and view when items have been received
These are the features that are missing
- Requests cannot be approved/rejected by line, only in whole
- Approval routing cannot be dynamically modified based on requisition attributes, e.g. item type, GL account
- You cannot attach supporting documents to the requisition
Fortunately there are some solid requisition systems offered by 3rd party developers that integrate with Dynamics GP.
But if you’re tired of a manual requisition system and want to try an electronic system, it’s a very good first step.
Here are two videos that show the setup and the operation of the system:
Try Dynamics GP for free. Start here: