08 Oct Dynamics AX Manufacturing Functionality
Dynamics AX Manufacturing is a very powerful manufacturing system that allows you to easily extend ERP functionality around the world. Multiple language sets and localizations allow your employees in multiple geographies use a common system. This improves communication and productivity.
There are three different manufacturing methods:
- Execute multiple production strategies, including configure-to-order, assemble-to-order, make-to-stock, and make-to-order
- Use both push and pull production control mechanisms
- Optimize production and materials planning, forecasting, and scheduling
- Simultaneously schedule materials and capacity, and calculate available-to-promise (ATP) and capable-to-promise (CTP) deliveries
- Create, schedule, view, track, split, roll back, or categorize production orders
- Understand WIP and actual cost through production tracking and reporting. Track detailed resource and throughput costs, including work center costs. Report production variances to standard costs
- Manage routing: Plan simple, sequential, and complex networks; use simultaneous routes in the same network. Use rough-cut capacity and detailed scheduling capabilities. Organize the shop floor into logical production units at individual sites
- Quickly schedule/reschedule jobs and simulate alternatives by dragging Gantt chart items. Resolve scheduling overloads by reassigning operations to alternate work centers. Optimize scheduling across the organization with a unified resource model and scheduling engine.
- Define multiple inventory dimensions: dual units of measure, catch-weight calculations, packaging codes, variations to the main item, and lots
- Manage multilevel formulas or recipes, co-products and by-products, electronic signatures, and packaging options
- Let customers request multiple quality specifications per product while combining similar products in production to improve machine utilization
- Analyze and monitor production costs and requirements for each sales order component using graphical representations of multilevel formulas and recipes
- Reduce inventory costs and eliminate waste by pulling inventory in optimal sequence using “best-before” management and first expired/ first out (FEFO) or first in/first out (FIFO) picking guidance
- Facilitate regulatory compliance with agencies such as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) by validating manufacturing processes
- Model manufacturing and logistics processes as production flows
- Use kanbans to signal demand requirements
- Monitor and manage kanban jobs using kanban boards
Download a complete fact sheet for Dynamics AX Manufacturing Fact Sheet.
Check out our Cloud Resource Library for even more information about Dynamics AX Manufacturing:
You can try out Dynamics AX Manufacturing for yourself by starting a 30 day trial here: