15 Oct Dynamics AX for Public Sector Organizations
Dynamics AX is a good fit for public sector organizations. Dynamics AX allows you to manage complex regulatory, budget, and grant compliance requirements.
These are some of the functions and benefits you will find using Dynamics AX:
- Enforce legal appropriation compliance and simultaneously allow lower-level departmental budgets with multiple, variable, and hierarchical level budgetary controls.
- Make organizational commitments transparent using encumbrance and pre-encumbrance accounting with integrated workflow.
- Gain easy and instant insight into your organization with a fund-based account classification structure. Unlimited financial dimensions and expanded reporting capabilities accommodate funds, programs, functions, organizations, projects, grants, and locations to support government-specific accounting practices.
- Help facilitate efficient collaboration with customers while helping to significantly reduce billing process management time by using a flexible billing engine that accommodates the diverse needs of users’ departments.
Constituent Relationship Management
- Help improve citizen services through customer relationship and case management capabilities. Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 includes a connector to Microsoft Dynamics CRM and supports both online and on-premises versions.
Procurement and Sourcing
- Use procurement and sourcing in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 to facilitate direct and indirect procurement of goods and services.
- Take advantage of self-service capabilities to empower employees to order day-to-day goods and services from searchable online catalogs.
- Help vendors operate more efficiently by enabling them to perform a variety of tasks online, such as updating profile data, requesting additional users, updating commodity and catalog content, submitting invoices, reviewing payments, and more.
- Establish a centralized buyer capability across your organization to support procurement policies and processes. Easily set up and maintain multiple purchasing policies and apply them to different sets of purchasers throughout the organization.
Compliance and Internal Controls
- Use built-for-government accounting capabilities and workflow tools to help ensure compliance with regulatory and administrative requirements.
- Take advantage of the Audit Workbench to define your organization’s policies and automate the auditing process.
- Use an Environmental Sustainability Dashboard to help track energy consumption and carbon footprint.
- Help ensure organizational compliance with laws, regulations, policies, and business rules, including internal controls through the Compliance Center.
You can download a complete Dynamics AX Brochure here.
If you want to try out Dynamics AX for yourself, you can start a 30 day free trial here: