14 Jul The Cloud at WPC
With more than 16,000 people in attendance for opening day, cloud has been the primary focus at Microsoft World Partner Conference (WPC) in Washington D.C. And more specifically how Microsoft Partners can grow their cloud practice. It was announced that Microsoft will introduce three new three new cloud–focused competencies for Office 365 and Azure partners into the Partner Network.
- Small and Midmarket Cloud Solutions: For partners selling Microsoft Office 365 to small and mid-market customers.
- Cloud Productivity: For partners deploying Microsoft Office 365 for enterprise customers.
- Cloud Platform: For partners who specialize in delivering infrastructure, PaaS and SaaS solutions on Microsoft Azure.
Part of this transition will include the retirement of Cloud Accelerate, Cloud Deployment and Azure Circle programs. It’s no secret that Microsoft is aggressively pursuing the cloud computing market and gaining ground on Amazon. As it has always relied on Partner relationships for success, Microsoft’s cloud push will be no different.
“I believe Microsoft is at a critical juncture in our transformation when our partner ecosystem is more important than ever, and I am humbled and honored to be in a position to rally Microsoft’s resources, programs and tools to support you to grow your business, as we continue to grow ours,” Gavriella Schuster General Manager, Worldwide Partner Group, said to Partners in a recent blog post on the WPC site. “Together we’ll capture and leverage the enormous opportunities of the cloud.”
In an effort to make it easier for partners to invest in the cloud Microsoft plans to change the way they integrate cloud into our competencies in four ways.
- Waiving the first year fee for Silver cloud competencies
- Enhancing Internal Use Rights for Office 365 and Azure, providing between 25% and 200% more IUR licenses depending on the competency level achieved
- Signature Cloud Support is our exclusive support solution that helps cloud partners better support their customers. Launching in September, Signature Cloud Support provides partners with direct contact into a high-quality support team.
- To enable partners to continue to make the investments necessary to succeed in the cloud, we also announced that we are reducing the fees for on-premises competencies by up to 10%.
Cloud at WPC took center stage today as WPC is just warming up and it will likely be the primary focus on conversation for the durations of the conference as cloud and mobility become more and more the way people interact with technology.