15 Jan 10 questions for assessing ERP solutions
A well selected and properly implemented ERP solution, whether it is ERP cloud or on-premise, can create a strong foundation foundation for the business that deploys it. The right solution will support and improve all businesses processes. So how does an organization go about selecting the software that can do that for the business? The answer to that question is complex, but a major step toward answering it is asking some more questions of your own.
The Edge Blog at Community Dynamics last month posted 10 questions that businessees should ask when assessing ERP solutions.
- Does the solution fit the way the business operates, or will the business need to change its processes to make it work?
- Does the ERP solution offer the flexibility to deploy in the cloud while maintaining some on-premise systems?
- What deployment model is best for my business?
- How does the solution integrate well with other business applications?
- Will the ERP solution help maximize the company’s investments in the Microsoft technology platform and Microsoft Office productivity tools?
- Does the solution offer a predictable cost model?
- How stable is the vendor, and do they understand and serve customers like me?
- What R&D investments is the vendor making to deliver ongoing innovation and value?
- What is the vendor’s customer churn rate and reputation for service after the sale?
- Will the ERP solution help move and support the company’s growth aspirations?